i second the motion that the government needs a major overhaul -- literally.

I do not write much about Philippine politics because I am afraid that its repulsiveness is way too contagious. However, I have read another good friend's blog about how she thinks the government needs a "complete makeover". She thinks it is the solution for the never-ending government corruption problem. I could not agree more and I meant the "makeover" literally.

I have not turned on our television for quite some time. Well, actually I did but together with the dvd player for movie purposes. Then, last night I have seen a footage of Jun Lozada being brought back to the custody of the Senate. It is quite enraging to see news about government corruption. These kinds of news are becoming too much of a cliché that they even bore my idiot box to death by producing buzzing "zzz..." sounds. I am not a fan of Lozada. I think, he, too is a beneficiary of the administration's public theft activities. My friend, Sab, says that one of the reasons why he probably turned against the government is because he was not getting "supplies" anymore. Well, it is most likely; however, despite this probable fact, he is still fighting for something (regardless if it is mere vengeance for not getting more). I do not support him but I support his cause to stop and publicly disclose the government's wrongdoings. He is part of the many similarly corrupt members of the opposition such as Panfilo Lacson, Mar Roxas and Jamby Madrigal who are also determined to ruin the government's reputation. However, these people, together with Malacanang do not differ at all which is why I am also against their campaign to replace the administration. I just think Malacanang should be stopped but I do not agree that they be replaced with these people. Not at all. It would be just be like a dejavu of Ferdinand Marcos being replaced by gentler liars and thieves.


I have even heard of Manny Pacquiao running for Congress next year and it just further triggered my distaste of him. I guess he thinks that he can solve the country's problem with his boxing skills and millions of money. 'Reminds me of Joseph Estrada who ran the government with his acting skills and treachery. They consider politics like a "retirement area" where they can get loads of retirement fees by simply thinking stupid. Haha what do you expect from these kinds of people anyway. The best thing in the Pacquiao issue is that the Church believes he is better off as a Mayor because he needs more legal knowledge. What the! Does that mean a mayoral post requires lesser legal knowledge? My apologies but I am sensing hypocrisies all around me and I am getting really sickened by it.

Okay, I think I got carried away there. Nonetheless, the major overhaul should start in every district no matter how big or small. From councilors to presidents, everyone should be banished of their positions. This country has grown tired of electing the same kind of officials who aims to serve the country in the condition that they get more beyond their basic salaries. This country needs a break from selfishness. Everyone has become too selfish for their own good. I do not have a detailed description of how I think this country should be run and I believe that is the problem. Nobody has a concrete plan for this country without the consideration of their own financial stability. Everybody seems to have a plan that includes their own lifetime payslips.

I do not have a better plan and it is disheartening to realize that the country needs change but no specific alternative seems to be better. Nonetheless, I believe this country needs more than just leaders--it needs better citizens and I think they should all be educated.


1 comments:

Ranran said...

ayun nakita ko na ang blog. haha! palitan mo ng pop-up comment style pata mas madaling mag-comment :-)

looking forward to read more blogs from you. you know i'm more inspired when writers like you share their thoughts in pen.

i miss you, claud!