A Poem for a Professor

Ma’am Lizelle


Want to know something about a lass?
A prof. who asked us to make planes in class?
A mother, daughter and wife so great?
The best psychologist I’ve ever known to date?



1
T’was an event I could never forget
I felt so down and my heart was wrecked
Always in my room, I can’t stop cryin’
The tears just won’t cease, I felt like dyin’

2
There’s so many I can’t understand
About myself and about what I want
That’s why I tried to search and seek for help
So, I could clear my head and know myself

3
I still can’t believe I wrote her a mail
To ask for something and tell her my tale
I was so silly but I took the risk
Wishing she’ll reply and hope she’s not pissed

4
Then the next day came and I was so shocked
To find her response for me with such luck!
She suggested I talk to her some time
Such a fine offer I couldn’t decline.

5
I felt so worried as the day arrived
Wonderin’ if it’s right to ask her advice
What if she’s busy or what if she’s not?
‘Guess I’m just being a pain in the butt!

6
But all of my doubts and qualms disappeared
All my uneasiness and thoughts that I feared
Though the nervousness in my voice was heard
As I spilled my grief waiting to be cleared

7
She listened as I voiced my confusions
All my worries and explanations
I told her all without hesitation
I was so flattered I have her attention

8
She spoke to me like no one had before
She had treated me like she was so sure
That I am able to achieve everything
And conquer all to reach for that something

9
I never thought that I’m a good writer
Never really believed I am that better
But when she had assured me that, I am
I blushed and said in silence, “Thank you ma’am…”

10
Our conversation was almost over
I was about to stand up and thank her
But then something stopped me from going to
I did something I thought I could never do

11
I confided to her about a past I kept
A past wherein I had usually wept
This affected my thoughts and how I live
The trauma it caused and pain it gives

12
My voice was shaking I thought I would cry.
But I’m revealing it all, I wonder why.
Her words moved me as she told me in the end
“Your secret’s safe with me, I’m here as a friend.”

13
I composed this poem so I could show
My sincere gratitude I pray she’ll know
This may not be perfect, may not be the best
But I hope you’ll appreciate it same as the rest

14
My simple poem is almost over now
‘Hope I had written it nicely somehow
I know my words are shallow and not so deep
‘Hope this is something worthy for you to keep

15
So, before I forgot to end this poem
‘Coz I certainly find this easy to enjoy
Though it was so tough to keep the words in rhyme
And condense only 10 syllables in line

16
I want to introduce to you a great woman
A mother, daughter, wife and friend in one
A woman I truly admire and respect so well
I thank God for having found her in Ma’am Lizelle.

© Claudine F. Claudio

0 comments: