World War 3...

Fighting.

Fighting.

Fighting.


The word seems to send sporadic twinges in my system. My head is aching. The beating of my heart is accelerating. My temper is seething. My fist are clenching. My teeth are gritting. And I'm starting to have the burning urge to shout "SHUT UP!"

This is how I feel when I hear people fighting. I find it strange too. But my entire system seems to be aggravated when people are quarrelling in front of me. I'm not talking here about small arguments. Arguments for me are mere debates; an activity for people to exercise their reasoning. It is huge fights that involve physical pain and curses that pisses me off.

Fighting is inevitable, of course. Writing this article will not make people stop fighting but I would just like to express some of my thoughts at this moment because I had just witnessed one of the worst World War 3s in my life. As usual, I served as the mediator, a role which I've always hated playing in my life especially when people I love most are on each sides. But I'm afraid I'm starting to get used to it. I have a stupid (if not noble) habit of not choosing sides (in terms of fights) even if my views match one side.

As a college student studying communication, I think the reason they are fighting is miscommunication (No, I guess even if I'm not a Communication Arts' student I would have concluded the same). They recklessly throw words at each other without thinking! And I hate it when they seem to be insensitive of each other's feelings. How I wish they use their control! I wish they could see us trying so hard not to listen to their harsh accusations and senseless reasons! I wish I could cover my little sister's ears so I don't have to see that sad eyes staring blankly at her plate. I wish they would think first. Most of all, I wish they would stop.

Sometimes I have this wild dream to bring Ma'am Lizelle, Sir James and Ma'am Jen home so they could educate them. So they could teach them how to lower their pride. So they could learn how to communicate well without shouting. So they would know how difficult it is for us love them without hating them at times. Or maybe simply because I just want them to know.

0 comments: